Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy SUNNY Thursday!!

Oh I am LOVING our sun... it has been out 2 days.. HOPING this makes the tulips pop.. we want to go to the Tulip Festival on sunday! We love to go on this weekend.. it is the weekend of the street fair.. but I have heard the tulips arent popped yet.. mine sure arent.. they are just sprouts.. so we shall see!!

Ok a few things to share with ya today!! :) Lets start here! I got my sweet girls birthday invites done and MAILED! YEAH! (Kimmie if your reading this... act surpirsed when you get the mail tomorrow! LOL!!) She wanted to do Littlest Pet Shop for a theme.. so I went online and found a cute doggy image.. and colored it.. On a side note Justin said mom did you color that yourself.. I guess he thought I couldnt color!! hee hee! Here is what I started with (well after I colored it! LOL!)....






















and here is her invite....





















I always make them matching return addy labels.. sorry a bit blurry on this photo but you get the idea! :)















Today I made THIS template by Lauren Meader Oh how I LOVE her templates... I know you already know that dont ya!! HA HA!!
Here is my version.. I made a few boo-boos.. BUT it is for me and I think as long as I dont say a word about them.. no one will notice... why are we always so hard on our creations??!! anyway.. I was so happy with it... All CS, Ink, and Ribbon from PTI




















Ok are ya still with me! I am not done yet!! hee hee! Since I just found PTI this year like end of Jan... I have been having a GREAT time looking back at the DTS blogs.. somedays I let myself pick a previous month and just look at my leisure! (lets not tell Steve that! LOL!) Well Lauren had shared this book ... Last summer I think.. Called Paper Garden Summer Blooms WELL.. you know how I ADORE anything Lauren shares.. I set out to hunt this book down... first stop Amazon.. they didnt have that book BUT they had THIS book for only $10 by the same author! YEAH!! so guess what arrived on my door step yesterday! YEP!! The book!





















Doesnt it look FUN!! Now it calls for alot of different punches...well that is where saving 10 years of punches comes in handy! HA HA! I did see right off at least THREE I will need.. but I have alot of them! so gonna HOPEFULLY make up a flower or 2 today! I will share when I go! and you know I will probably end up buying the other book! LOL!! I gotta try mine first and see how hard the flowers are.. all I know is they TOTALLY look real... soooo PRETTY!!

Ok so if you have made it this far THANKS! It was a long winded post today!! Oh and one last thing... sigh.. I joined a group at facebook for my 25 year reunion in 2 years.. WHERE did the time go??

Anyway! THANKS for stopping by! Have a GREAT day!! Hopefully I will be back with some flowers to share!!!

17 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love that box, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally great invites!!! I'm sure your daughter loves them. Aren't Lauren's templates amazing? You did a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is so cute, my dd would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your buttons in the holder!! I held that book in my hand at a not so close stamp store, but didn't buy it...let me know if I shoula!! Can't wait to see your flowers! and the invite is sooo Littlest Pet shop; bet your DD was super happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute invites!!! I love that colored little pet. And I LOVE your new template project, it turned out beautifully. And I LOVE all the pink!!! I can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink box! Lauren has such great templates! That book really looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your invites are so cute! I can't wait to try the template out..I think I will make one for my son who says "Why don't you ever make anything for me, mommy?, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your project with Lauren's template. It turned out great. I have a few of her templates but there are still many that I want!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw some of those punched flower sculptures at the scrapbook expo... They are gorgeous, but look like too much work for me. If you make any, please share. I love your template box! I got the card box. I'm just looking for some free time to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That invitation is just adorable. I love that book going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bethie,

    Love all your stuff. So love the little box! have fun at the Tulip Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH!! This is awesome!! As is your excitment!!Thanks for sharing your SCRUMPTIOUS projects with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your invites came out so cute:) The box turned out so pretty too! I look forward to seeing the flowers you make with that book, I've been interested in trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute invitations Beth! When you were talking about this book I wasn't sure what you meant but those flowers you made are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what darlin lil invites chickie..and such a scrumptious box..awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cute cute stuff, BethieJ!!! Love all you've done lately and those flowers are to die for! I wish I had your talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Love the invites! And the box is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Have a GREAT day!!
Happy Holidays!!!